May 17, 2010

Lazzzzzzy weekend

Today, I'm really excited. I have my very first follower. LOL. But seriously, I'm much more excited than I anticipated :) :)

So let's see, what happened this weekend. Oh, that's right, a big fat sack of nothing. I do have to say though, that nothing, I repeat, NOTHING comes close to even comparing to the feeling of a completely clean home. I'm a bit of a clean freak. Sure, I like things to be neat, but clean is much more important to me than neat. And my boyfriend knows this.

Before I get home, If Eric is there, he does his ritualistic "tidying up", which basically translates into: "I'm going to pick up some crap from one area of the house and move it to another, more discrete area of the house, but nothing is truly getting placed where it belongs."

Ok, maybe I'm a little harsh, but I blame my mother. Is it really my fault that I'm a perfectionist when it comes to cleaning? Is it really my fault that I like things to be done MY way, and if they aren't, well then they just aren't right? Eric tries to use the excuse that he "would've" done something but he wasn't sure it would have been up to "my standards", and my common reaction is, "oh, you mean actually CLEAN?!?" I mean, is it really that difficult?

Ok, so I know I'm some sort of control freak and I've really been trying to work on it, but when Eric so considerately does the dishes for me (which I truly do appreciate) and I reach in the cabinet and pull out a drinking glass that still has greasy finger prints on the outside of it, I get really really irritated...SICK. Honestly, what is the sense in doing something if you're only going to do it half-assed? That's definitely NOT how I roll.

I love the idea of being a stay-at-home mom, but not because I'm lazy, lack an education, or don't want to contribute financially. I would love to be able to take care of my kids, husband, and home. I would love to be able to have a clean house and dinner ready every night for my lover man. I would love to be there every day when my kids got out of school. But, unfortunately, in the world we live in today, this is rarely possible, and I don't see it as being possible for my life. But that's ok too. As long as everyone is healthy and happy and well-adjusted, that is all that really matters at the end of the day.

So anyway, we spent Friday running errands, Saturday cleaning house, and the ENTIRE day Sunday cuddled up on the couch, watching movies on our glorious flat screen, playing card games, and pigging out.

cherry turnovers, cheesy scrambled eggs, and bacon for brunch (we slept in)
boneless bbq ribs, mac n cheese, and green beans for an early dinner
white chocolate fondue with graham crackers, strawberries, and apples for dessert

...hoping it's going to be a good Monday and a good start to the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment