May 12, 2010

:: My "Family" ::

Eric & I met in 2007. We worked in the same steakhouse, both trying to figure out what we wanted from life. He was fresh out of a relationship. Ok, not entirely true, but I would like to highlight the fact that he did not leave his fiancĂ© of 6 and a half years for me; he left her, and THEN we started dating. We were completely JUST friends before that point- I have a strict "no home-wrecking" policy. I'm sure his ex doesn't believe that, just as I'm sure she doesn't believe that he didn't cheat on her with me, but he & I both know the truth, so it's ok I guess.

Initially, I thought Eric was... well, an asshole. But I got to know him and realized we had a lot in common... not to mention the fact that he makes me completely hott, big nose and all. I don't know what it is, something about the way he carries himself, or the way he smiles his little dimpled grin, or the way he moves his tongue when he talks... I know, I'm ridiculous, but I'm completely smitten, to this day.




And now, my fuzzy butt, my furbaby, my sissydog, my wrinkle-face, my wittle wion, my little cuddle bunny, my snuggle bear, my china-dog,. my slobber box, mommy's sweet babydog, etc, etc: Barlee. Barlee is 5 and 1/2 years old. Barlee's mommy was a full-blooded Shar-Pei, and her daddy was a full-blooded Yellow Labrador. That combination lead to the most loyal, loving, playful, smart, cuddly, sweet, well-behaved, beautiful, sensitive, understanding, obedient dog you could imagine. She's truly my best friend. I never knew it was possible to love an animal as much as I love this little girl.



0 comments:

Post a Comment