May 20, 2010

Bucket List

Recently, I had a grand realization. I want to experience EVERYTHING. (Well not literally everything, but you know what I mean.) Whence came my Bucket List.  Here are the things that I came up with.


  • Visit each of the Hawaiian Islands
  • Scuba dive/snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef
  • Take a gondola ride through the canals of Venice
  • Ice skate in Central Park
  • Be walked down the isle by my daddy
  • Learn how to shoot a crossbow
  • Skydive
  • Spend an entire weekend at a spa with my sister
  • Picnic at the beach and watch the sunset
  • Ride a tandem bicycle down a picturesque boardwalk
  • Spend an entire day at the Louvre
  • Take photography classes
  • Visit a town nestled in a mountain
  • Tour France and experience real French cuisine
  • Learn an exotic dance
  • Design my dream home
  • Compile a recipe book/box
  • Write a blog
  • Have one of my written works published
  • Try absinthe
  • Experience natural childbirth
  • Parasail
  • See a real-life lighthouse
  • Experience something spiritually moving


As you can see, I've been lucky enough as of very recently to cross a few items off the list. Yes, some of my aspirations are more practical than others, but I feel as though all of these things are attainable. Some of these things (like snorkeling) might be a bit of a stretch due to some of my phobias, but I still hope to achieve these things.

What are some things you would place on your Bucket List? Anyone experienced any of the things I have listed and want to share their story?

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh fun! I have a bucket list on my blog too!
I've been skydiving. It was super fun and I'd do it again. I've also seen a real lighthouse and taken a photography class. And I design other people's dream homes, which isn't nearly as fun as designing my own will be! This is a great list!

Curious Morg said...

I'm actually thinking that skydiving will be the next to get marked off the list.. I'm thinking I might surprise my boyfriend this summer with it; I'm sure he'd be up for it. That's awesome though, and I will definitely have to check out your list, maybe you have some ideas I hadn't even imagined! thanks for commenting on my lonely little blossoming blog :)

Post a Comment