May 7, 2010

Dog puke and my book choice

Ok, so yesterday I had a bit of bad luck. My furbaby, Barlee, is a very good girl; so good in fact, we don't ever have to kennel her when we're at work. However, my sweet baby dog has been known to have a sensitive tummy, and sometimes... she throws up. Ok, I know it's disgusting, but yesterday, I was in a huge hurry trying to get some important things accomplished over my lunch break (it's SO inconvenient that places are open "normal business hours.. what happens when you work those "normal business hours"?- when can you get anything accomplished? But, I'll save that for another time). So I  run home to grab the receipt I needed, and I see the huge pile of dog sick in the middle of our living room carpet. YUCK. I didn't know one dog could house so much bile. So, I start cleaning it up, and ever-so coincidentally, I run out carpet cleaner. Long story short, I had to wait till I got off work, ran my other errands,  and got back home (which by this time it was about 8:30p) to spend about 45 minutes trying to get the stain out of the carpet. My efforts we're pretty successful, you'd have a hard time finding the spot, thank goodness.

Yesterday I said I'd be buying a book. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (who wrote the Shopaholic books, maybe you've heard) was one that I hesitantly mentioned because once I get there ALL bets are off. Well, because of a time crunch, I didn't allow myself to peruse. If you've ever seen the tv show Samantha Who? (which was, unfortunately, cancelled), the story line seems to be pretty similar. So the premise of the book is a 28 year-old woman wakes up in a hospital after an accident she doesn't remember. She also remembers nothings of the past 3 years, and learns how drastically her life has changed. She is trying to figure out who she is, who she was, and who she wants to be. I am VERY excited to start this today!


0 comments:

Post a Comment